Saturday, December 8, 2007

Timeless to Me


Last night, for our Friday night "in" date, Dustin and I rented Hairspray. (Fun movie... we enjoyed it.) My favorite scene was Wilber and Edna's scene, Timeless to Me.


My favorite love songs are those that portray the depth of friendship and pure love we can experience in the sweet bonds of marriage. In a fun, guileless sort of way this song describes what Dustin and I hope for and work for every day in our relationship... that when we're "fat and old" and a couple of "run down chevies" we'll love and enjoy each other, not despite the fact we've lost our youthful pulchritude, but, rather, because we don't care enough place any weight on it-- because all we see is the wonderful person we married who becomes wiser, kinder, more exciting, more beautiful everyday... that we will always be timeless to each other.

So, here's a little tribute to my amazing husband, who finds ways every day to tell me he's grateful we're together forever---


Baby, you're timeless to me!

2 comments:

The Higham Family said...

adorable picture! when was that taken?

The Higham Family said...

p.s. we rented that movie and watched it last night- you inspired me! what a fun movie! and i thought of you guys during that scene. :)