Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Scrapper in Me

Scrapbooking is a hobby I want very much to indulge in, but so far my involvement has been thought only-- a lot of planning, hoping, day-dreaming... BUT, I finally made it a priority to take time and make a whole layout. Yipee!!

I actually made these pages for my mom and dad (I gave them a "Grandkids" album last year and have committed to send them a layout or two each Grandparents' day of their time with my kids the past year. I'm determined to get my siblings involved once, someday, they have kids too, so my parents have an on-going, up-to-date visual record and keepsake of their grandkids and them.). So, this is my, hmm... fifth... maybe sixth? layout I've ever created. I'm pleased with it and had a great time creating it! I love doing this crafty stuff with my hands-- it's so sweet to have accomplished something that doesn't get undone... like the dishes... laundry... diaper changing... cooking... etc. :) Anyways, I'm a bit more pumped and determined to keep this scrapping thing up, especially for my boys (and to make pages I actually keep!). Any suggestions how to maintain a hobby while mothering little kids? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

2 comments:

Dina said...

Love this! It's so cute how you folded up the paper & put in the brads. I scrapped when my kids were small by getting together with friends and staying up too late. :)

The Higgins Family said...

Thanks! Though, I can't claim to be the brainchild of that cute little scrapbooking tactic. The credit goes to my fabulous sister-in-law, Becky (who else? ;)).